Oormi's bookshelf: favorites

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Eragon
A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Immortals of Meluha
The Secret of the Nagas
The Oath of the Vayuputras
Tell Me Your Dreams
The Doomsday Conspiracy
The Sky Is Falling
The Rozabal Line
Snow White Must Die
Lexicon
The Dark Room
Blood Eagle
The Taj Conspiracy
Ogilvy on Advertising
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Digital Fortress
Angels and Demons


Oormi's favorite books »

We read, therefore we are.

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself, a refuge from almost all the miseries of life." - Somerset Maugham

Monday, April 8, 2013

Newbie Book Blogger (and excited!)

This is my second blog, my first one being based on general stuff like poetry, social issues, short stories, etc. I've been blogging for quite some time now, and there came a time when I tried to include reading and books into the same initial blog, until recently. So, voila! My first book review/synopsis blog!
This blog will include a list of all the books I have read, I'm about to read, and I'm excited about. I will be posting reviews and synopsis. Also, personal opinions from friends and other avid readers from around the world (if I'm lucky) will be included from time to time. I have an emotional connection to the books I read, and I'm sure most of you do too. That is also what I will be writing about. My experiences after reading the book, the characters I fell in love with, the level of connection I had with the story, everything. From how I picked up the book, when I started reading, how I proceeded depending on my level of interest, and what I felt once I finished.
All these will be my personal experiences. I will not be speaking on behalf of others, except for when I quote others' opinions. While the synopsis will be general, most of my posts will be my personal perceptions about the books. I have tried to make my blog reader friendly. Also, links to most of the books I have read are there on the right side widget bar. I will try and make my posts interesting, and give you the kind of description of the book you are looking for.
I really do hope my reviews and opinions seem interesting and hope they make it worth your while! My first synopsis/review/opinion guide will be coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment